The mission and goals of APABA-MD are:
- to promote and improve the quality of legal service to the Asian Pacific American community
- to monitor legislative, judicial and administrative actions that might have significant impact on the welfare of the Asian Pacific American community and inform the community of the existence thereof
- to provide, promote, sponsor or encourage educational workshops, programs, projects and activities to the end that the needs of the Asian Pacific American community for legal services can be adequately served
- to provide support on issues that would strengthen equal opportunities and ensure equal participation and equal treatment of Asian Pacific Americans
- to provide support on issues that could lead to, or aid in, the elimination of discrimination and prejudice against Asian Pacific Americans, and
- to provide career and academic counseling services to Asian American law students.